Patch 36 Photography

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My 4 year old boy!


This post is going to sound like a repeat of Carter's birthday post - lots of pictures and a really proud momma! ;) I looooooooveee my boys! ;)

Mason too has been a real joy to raise. Although, he has caused me to be on my knees a bit more and also taught me a lot about patience! ;) I think this is all VERY good though! He is both incredibly sweet, and ornery, loving, silly, energetic, smart, and oh-so-full-of-life! Mason is 100% pure BOY!

 (Patch 36 Photography)

(Patch 36 Photography)


Like I've said before, Mason and Carter are absolute BEST FRIENDS. This brings me so much comfort and joy! I continuously pray that this will stick through the adult years. When we were discussing what he would do on his birthday I asked who he wanted to be with (as in friends). Without hesitation he said, "Carter!"

Recapping Mason's year:






He LOVED to play in the sandbox last summer. He spent HOURS there!




This picture makes me feel SO bad!  He wanted to run the bases with Carter but Carter took off and ran too fast! Mason also had a bad cold so he coughed and coughed after he was done. 


He made this hat at toddler time - one of his favorite places to go!


Oh how he loved to watch Carter play the computer...Now he wants HIS turn too. :)


Never a dull moment....




He has more personality than I ever thought a little guy could have!



AND attitude. ;)


And the stongest bones....Can't believe he hasn't broken any yet!












SERIOUSLY? Mason!!!!




Serving up our supper! 




Recapping Mason's year:
  • learned to swim with water wings
  • became extremely agile on the trampoline
  • learning to add very simple math on his fingers
  • learned to rhyme
  • learning to read simple words (cat, dog, sit, hit, tan, fan, etc...)
  • learned to write his name
  • became potty trained - through the night
  • moved to the top bunk!

Sweet story about Mason - He wanted this baby to be a BOY so badly! After finding out that it is a boy, he proclaimed that HE gets to name him. (yikes! I thought...) 

A few days after the ultrasound, I was tucking Mason in for a nap and he said, "Mommy, bremember? I get to name our baby. I am going name him B - O - D - E!" 

I began to quickly dismiss it as I do many of his made up names such as Tervio, Bario, Kerchunk, etc. Then my body bolted up from bed and I gasped! Bodie? YES! I LOVE it. And am still in love with it now.  :) Thanks MASON! :))))

Happy Birthday, Mason!! 

We love you to the moon and back!

0 comments: