Patch 36 Photography

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This and That...

We are so excited to move into our house this weekend! Painting is almost OVER! One more room (Carter's room) needs painted yet, then we're finished! Woohoo! *cute story about Carter's room - we took him to the house one day and asked him what color he wanted his room and Mason's room to be painted. He responded, "Masons should be blue and I want Pink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" To which I responded by trying and trying and trying to convince him that he DIDN'T really want pink, that it is a girl color...Didn't work...he still insisted on pink! What is a mom to do? (Finally I convinced him to be okay with blue and a little red....)

On the other hand, I took some time off from the house this past weekend b/c my poor boys were two sick pups! Mason acquired a terrible eye infection (not pink eye) and Carter came down with a horrendous cough/cold.

I probably shouldn't even post this picture...not for a weak stomach...poor little man!

I couldn't resist this picture...Nick and the boys were snuggling on the couch and Carter posed so adorably for me!

Here is Mason doing his usual....GETTING INTO EVERYTHING! I told someone today, "Yeah, I was just packing the kitchen, and Mason was unpacking!" This is when I have to stop and pray and ask the Lord to give me patience everyday!
Just came across this sweet picture... What a ham!
Mason, Carter, and Kinzie - She is the true ham! Her smile seriously makes me laugh almost everytime! I'm really not sure if it can get any bigger! What a joy!

Also, I wanted to make a shout-out to Jenna's new weight loss blog, Thirty More. Check out my blog roll to find it!

A big Happy Birthday to Uncle Brad (April 26th) and Grandpa Dave (Fiechter)
(April 27) Would you believe I actually forgot both of them until today! What a bad niece/daughter in law! Luckily, they were both merciful and forgave me! Love you both!

One more cute/sad story...Carter came up to me this morning and announced, "guess what mommy? When I turn to 4, you can't hold me anymore!" WHAT? My thinking was, Carter, are you trying to send me to a mental hospital? Are you trying to give me a heart attack/ache?
This is just one more reminder that time is fleeting...Treasure every moment with your children. Not even just with your children, but with your loved ones...

6 comments:

janelle said...

i am excited to see your new house!! hope it as stress-free as possible this weekend for you guys!!

soli deo gloria said...

Such a great reminder to treasure each and every moment! Love ya! Jane

Rachel said...

oh, that would break my heart too! :( They are growing up soooo fast!

Vanessa said...

Jessica, I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm so excited to see updates on your new house! Congrats!

And thanks for the great preminder about treasuring loved ones!

Susie said...

Jessica,
Love your posts and your pics! I hope everyone is feeling better. Sick kids are no fun! You are right on track with treasuring the moments... You blink and they are all grown up! I am glad I treasured the moments still am!(At least most of them) :)
Suz

Jenna said...

Such a cute post, although Mason's eyes make me gag. Hope hes doing better. thanks for the shout out and the reminder about treasuring our loves. I needed that.